An introductory 2-day class and a comprehensive 5-day master class
2-Day Introduction to Club Repair and Club Alteration • Price: $400 /$350 early bird
This class is ideal for beginners with little to no experience in club repair. Learn the basics of club repair, club alteration, and fitting. This foundation will allow you to begin working on your own, whether in a professional or personal capacity. Some of the topics covered include:
- How golf club performance is affected • Loft, lie, and club length • Swing weight and total weight • Shaft flex, materials, designs, and patterns• Shortcuts and time-saving solutions • Removing and installing grips • Adjusting loft and lie • Re-shafting irons and metal woods • How to shorten or lengthen a club
Class includes professional instruction and supplies, class manual, apron, t-shirt, certificate of completion, and daily lunch. Complimentary beverages on site.
Participants will receive a Certification of Completion at the end of the second day.
|2-DAY INTRO CLASS DATES (Thursday – Friday) May 6th and 7th|
5-Day Master Class: Club Repair, Club Alteration, Club Building, and Club Fitting • Price: $999/$950 early bird
This comprehensive 5-day class offers valuable training utilizing the Foresight GCQUAD monitor and simulator. Every student will have their own workbench for intensive, hands-on learning, and constructive feedback. Some of the topics covered include:
- Launch Monitor demonstration • How golf club performance is affected • Loft, lie, and club length • Swing weight and total weight • Shaft flex, materials, designs, and patterns • PUREing vs. FLOing vs. Spinning • Using assembly equipment • How to speed turn ferrules • Grips: Installation, sizing, removal and repair • Achieving proper swing weights • How to install a shaft • Building clubs to spec (length, swing weight, CPM, grip, frequency • Tips and techniques • Shortcuts and time-saving solutions • Removing and installing grips • Tapping Ferrule down and finishing • Adjusting loft and lie • Broken shaft removal (Steel and Graphite) • Re-shafting irons and metal woods • Hotmelt to stop rattling • How to shorten or lengthen a club • Stamp and paint fill
Class includes professional instruction and supplies, class manual, t-shirt, apron, certification, and daily lunch. Complimentary beverages on site.
Upon the completion of the class, participants will receive a Master Certification.
|5-DAY MASTER CLASS DATES (Mon – Fri) | June 14th – 18th | July 19th – 23rd | Aug. 23rd – 27th | Sep. 20th – 24th | Oct. 25th – 29th | Nov. 15th -19th|
Accommodations: The brand new Courtyard by Marriott is just steps away from the Mitchell Golf Performance Studio. Special rates have been established for our students. To make reservations, please contact the hotel directly and tell them you’re with Mitchell Golf. Special rates are not available through travel websites.
*** We do suggest that you arrive the day before your class begins, as we will begin each day at 8 am.
Travel: Albion is located in south-central lower Michigan. The following airports are within a reasonable driving distance:
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW): 90 minutes/80 miles
- Grand Rapids Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR): 2 hours/93 miles
- Lansing Capital Region Airport (LAN): 75 minutes/60 miles
- Toledo Express Airport (TOL): 2+ hours/95 miles
- If you’re booking a charter flight, there are smaller airports in the area, as well. Jackson County Airport – Reynolds Field is just 12 miles/20 minutes away.
- Albion Malleable Brewing Company – www.albionmalleable.com
- Cascarelli’s, Albion – www.cascarellisalbion.com
- Lopez Taco House, Albion – www.facebook.com/lopeztacohousealbion
- Gina’s Pizza, Albion – www.ginaspizzadeli.com
- Cascarelli’s Pizza, Homer – www.cascarellis.com
- Schuler’s Restaurant & Pub, Marshall – www.schulersrestaurant.com
- Grand River Brewery, Marshall – www.grbmarshall.com
- Copper Athletic Club, Marshall – www.facebook.com/TheCopperAC